What Family Heating & Air is Doing to Address Coronavirus Concerns
At this time, when the news is dominated by Coronavirus, I wanted to personally reach out and let you know that at Family Heating and Air we are vigilantly implementing enhanced protocols to ensure your safety. We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control regarding the spread of the virus. Our focus is to ensure we meet customer needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees and our communities safe.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Smart Portal: For every one of our customers that is already on our smart connective portal (Sherlock), we can diagnose a lot of problems without having to come into your home. Family Heating and Air also has the capabilities with our site call technology of helping diagnose and solve minor issues over a virtual video phone call.
- Protection: We are instructing our technicians to wear shoe covers and gloves while in your home.
- Cleaning up after call: Our technicians are also required to wipe down the items in your home that they touch. They also must wash their hands and wipe down the tools that they use after each call.
- Obtaining signatures for authorization of work: Our normal process is for repair work to be approved via signature before beginning work. In order to reduce contact, we will be suspending this requirement at this time so you will not be asked to sign a phone or tablet by our team.
- Payment: During this time, we ask that all payments be made electronically via debit card, credit card, or 3rd party financing. We will not be accepting checks or cash until notified. If you do not want to give this information to a technician, you may call your payment into the office to be submitted while the technician is on site.
- Equipment Sales: We have the option of electronic signature approval via email and we will require signatures for replacement equipment. Some of our team members may be working remotely from home and therefore our internal communication may not be as smooth as we would like. Please be patient with our team so that we can take the best care of you and all our customers.
- Company Meetings: We intend to limit our time in groups as we have canceled all group meetings until further notice.
Technicians already work in isolation for most of the day and are not exposed to large groups during work. We will be limiting face to face interaction between our office team members and field team members.
We will have some team members who do not want to be exposed to a high-risk customer and we will respect those wishes. We will also have team members who are willing to work in that environment so that we can respond to those in most need.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees. We are asking customers to be honest about their travels and medical conditions. This also includes instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers. We are also urging all employees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing. We will also be cleaning our facility frequently with recommended sanitizing products daily.